10 February 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Geno Auriemma

As quoted in this article, talking about how he encourages his athletes to keep up their grades:


"I take a lot of pride in that, especially in this day and age when everyone is talking about that kind of stuff. I think it’s important to recognize there are a number of kids, all over the country, that do a great job trying to balance playing sports with academics. We take great pride in it here. In fact, we set up competitions. Our players are split into three groups. The [assistant] coaches draft them and as we go through the year, they are constantly checking on each other’s GPAs. At the end of the semester the winners get this, the losers get that. I don’t have a team. No one would want to be on my team. All of my assistants were good students. If I told my players what I did in college, none of them would win any prizes."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?