11 October 2011

 

All Star Flashback

Clearly an All Star Game, but I'm not sure which one. 2004 or later, because Diana Taursasi's there. At 0:36 you can see Katie Smith wearing a Minnesota Lynx uniform, which means it's no later than 2005. (Check out Swin Cash in her Detroit Shock uniform at 0:42!)

Aha! I clicked on the link to YouTube, and it's the 2005 All Star Game. Damn, I'm good! I also recognize -- on sight! -- a ridiculous number of players. All the more ridiculous because several of them I've NEVER seen play. For instance, at 0:08, the East team is huddled up, and Becky Hammon (then playing for the New York Liberty) is talking to her teammates: Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever), Swin Cash (at that time, Detroit Shock), and.... Dawn Staley and Margo Dydek. I don't know who either of them were playing for at the time, but I recognized them right away. Also, at 0:48, there's a player telling Sheryl Swoopes (in her Houston Comets uniform!) how much she admires her. That's Chamique Holdsclaw. Again, I don't think I've ever seen her play, but I knew exactly who she was.





[h/t Sunbursts & Raindrops]

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?