20 September 2011

 

Sad, Shocking Loss

It's nice to know I wasn't the only one stunned by the end of that game.

Elizabeth Cambage tweeted: "Holy moly mum just called me and told me about the seattle vs phoenix game! I left home thinking seattle had it!!!"

Svetlana Abrosimova
tweeted: "Somebody please tell me what happend? Seattle was up by 18points.I couldn't watch the game..What a tough loss!!!I cant believe it"

Even Rebecca Lobo was shocked: "Must admit... I thought Seattle would pull it out at home. Congrats to the Mercury in one of the most physical games I've ever seen."


In addition to being stunned by the loss, I'm also stunned by how many minutes Lauren Jackson played: Thirty-five. That's ridiculous. If they had won, would she even have been able to play the next game? (Also: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sue Bird being the leading scorer is always a bad sign.)


Wanna feel sad(er)? Listen to Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson's post-game interview. You can hear LJ trying not to cry.


And the obligatory articles from the Times.


Bah, humbug.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?