06 August 2011

 

Yesterday (and a Little Bit of Tomorrow)

The Tumblr "i bleed white & blue" had some great stuff from last night's Connecticut game:

Post-Game Tweets My favorite is Liz Cambage's: "WOW SUE BIRD WITH THE GAME WINNER WOWWAWEEEEWA!!!" She's as adorable as Sue Bird is awesome!

Sue's checklist Time to cross off Connecticut!


My favorite WNBA commentator (Richard Cohen, in case you couldn't tell from the huge number of times I quote him) spent most of today's column (which discusses yesterday's games) talking about the Seattle/Connecticut game: "This was an intriguing encounter even for those who aren’t fans of the University of Connecticut, who seem to provide most of the players on display."


Pictures from last night's game, courtesy of the Storm website.


The Connecticut coach claimed Sue Bird got free for her last shot because of a moving screen. Swish Appeal posted the video so we can judge. And by "we", I mean someone's who's not me, because I don't know these sorts of things! For what it's worth, someone commented, "They hadn’t called a moving screen the whole game. Why would they start with that one?"


Svetlana Abrosimova tweeted her excitement about receiving her championship ring last night. If you put the first one through Google Translate and paraphrase a bit to clean it up, you get this: "It is difficult to explain [how I felt] when I was handed a championship ring and received a standing ovation from the 6000 Americans watching." Awww!!!

Also, the twitter account "SueBirdsHair" had a chat with Svetlana!

Svetlana Abrosimova: Sue Bird is amazing!!! She did it again!! Can't wait to have her as my teammate next winter season in Russia.

SueBirdsHair: And I'll be there!

Svetlana Abrosimova: :) just don't forget to bring extra detergent with you

SueBirdsHair: Don't worry, I'll be sure to let Sue know!



Tomorrow the Storm play Atlanta, in Atlanta. It's the first match-up since the Storm won the championship there last summer. Jayda Evans has a preview, and Nate Parham includes it in his list of "2011 WNBA Watchability Scale: The Top Five Remaining Seattle Storm Games To Watch".


p.s. Swish Appeal changes their sub-heading regularly. Today it reads: Swish Appeal -- Where "clutch" is spelled S-U-E-B-I-R-D.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?