11 August 2011

 

Not as Bad as the Atlanta Game....

But that's not saying much.

I actually don't know what the first half looked like (except that Swin Cash didn't score a single point -- never a good sign) because ESPN2 was airing a Little League game (!) and put the first half of the Storm/Liberty game on ESPN-Classics (a channel I don't get, even if I had been home to change the channel). Yesterday was busy for me, so I didn't watch the (second half of the) game until late in the evening. Unfortunately I already knew that the Storm had lost. (Sorry, Mom, but I know you too well! Your tone of voice gave the result away.)

Even if they played better for most of the game, staying with 10 the whole game, the last 30 seconds of the game were very depressing. They had ample opportunities to win the game, and just couldn't get it done. Sigh.

Far more entertaining is Swish Appeal's Queenie's account of the game. (She's a Liberty fan, and her game posts are a lot of fun.):

"I'm a little worried about this three-point halftime lead. We've given Seattle too many chances and developed too much of a habit of leaving Sue Bird open. You cannot leave Sue Bird open. I didn't think it was rocket science, but apparently it is."

"Seattle has their players well-trained. You don't even have to ask for an autograph; if they see you, they'll come over. I'm not sure if it's because they're such a veteran team, or because they have such a veteran coaching staff with experience in the earliest days of both the WNBA ([Nancy] Darsch with the Liberty, [Jenny] Boucek with the Rockers) and the ABL ([Brian] Agler with the Quest). Though Allie Quigley also mentioned that she got yelled at for missing someone once, so maybe they also have especially intense training."

"Katie Smith got the bulk of the rest of the [bench] minutes, and I don't care how old she is, you don't leave Katherine May Smith open for a jump shot. She's been hitting those since the Paleozoic Era, you might want to guard her."

"And while the topic of guarding people who are good at hitting jump shots is in the general vicinity of discussion, who in their right mind leaves Sue Bird open? Don't you know what her nickname is? [...] This goes double for point guards who grew up in Washington State during Bird's career, Leilani Mitchell. And for Big East players who might have heard of this UConn chick, Essence Carson and Cappie Pondexter."

[By the way, the nickname she's referring to is "Die Bitches".]

"Someone please get Kara Braxton a decent sports bra. Please. I cannot take a month of her running up and down the floor with those things flying loose. Part of Breast Health Awareness should be awareness of how to keep them from bruising oneself or other people. Save the ta-tas, my fellow fans. Save the ta-tas."

[I couldn't agree more. I've been saying the same thing since I first saw her play for Phoenix last year.]

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?