01 July 2011

 

I Think I'm Bad Luck!

I watched the Storm game online today.... the Storm lost.

I watched the Chicago game on TV today.... Chicago lost.

Obviously it's all my fault.


The Storm's new post player (that Polish chick whose name I can't remember, and am too bummed to be bothered to look it up) played all of 30 seconds today. All I remember her doing was running a fast break with Sue Bird, only to bungle the pass from Bird. Probably not fair to judge her so quickly, though, since she just arrived from Europe and hasn't had much practice with the team. The Storm's 3-point shooting woes continue, by the way. Swin Cash played well, though.


The big news in the league is that two marquee players (Lauren Jackson and LA's Candace Parker) are out with injuries for significant portions of the season.

Over at ESPN, Mechelle Voepel writes: "It's not much use speculating about 'why' two such incredible players have been hurt as much as they have. It's not about pain tolerance; anybody who has seen these two in their respective locker rooms iced down and grimacing after games over the years knows how much and how hard they've been able to play despite feeling physically bad."

In his article "Now What Do We Do?", Richard Cohen writes: "Sue Bird can become more of an offensive threat when she needs to be, and will likely need to step up in that role. Swin Cash, Tanisha Wright and Katie Smith going back to the last place they saw their jumpshots and retrieving them would be useful too."

Voting for the "To 15" continues; here's the blurb for LJ.

Finally, a tweet from LJ explains a bit more about the hip injury: "yeah locked legs during the game, 2 plays later my leg gave out on a drive and I told Brian I thought I'd torn something.. SUB"

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?