27 June 2011

 

News of (Former) UConn Stars

I had several completely unrelated pieces of news....but then I realized they had a theme!

Last week, former UConn star Rebecca Lobo was on a plane that caught fire and had to do an emergency landing. I happened to be on my computer at the time, so I saw her tweets as she tweeted them. Today she tweeted a link to a stand-up comic who was also on the flight.

Today the WNBA site had Swin Cash's bio. In her photo gallery they had a picture of her and Sue Bird in their early WNBA days. I'm guessing it's from a time when Seattle was playing at Detroit?

Over at the EuroBasket tournament, Svetlana Abrosimova was moved from the point guard position to the shooting guard position, and her Russian team played much better.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?