18 June 2011

 

Live Chat with Sue Bird

Sue Bird did a live chat with The Seattle Times on Thursday. Lots of good stuff!

She was asked if they can actually hear Coach Agler talk during timeouts, since the crowd is usually so loud!
"The only time we have trouble focusing in the timeouts is when either video of Brian doing the Stanky Legg is playing, or the Doppler Train is going on. Especially when that one unlucky kid can't find his/her way back to their seat! :) "

Someone asked if the Minnesota game was motivational, or something to forget: "BOTH! I'm not going to lie, that first quarter against Minnesota was almost like an out-of-body experience. It definitely has motivated us this past week but one thing we'd all like to forget, but that Brian won't let us forget is 22-0....ugh "

Asked if she was proud of the impact UConn has on the WNBA: "When you go to UConn there is such a sense of family and so regardless if you played with someone or not, you are connected. I love seeing Tina [Charles] & Maya [Moore] have success just as much as I enjoy seeing my college roommate, Swin [Cash], do well. Oh yeah, and I guess Diana [Taurasi] isn't doing too bad either :) "

Someone asked her thoughts on Courtney Vandersloot:
"I followed [her college games] as closely as I could being that I was on the other side of the world. It was tough to catch games out in Russia but I did have the opportunity to see her play in person at the USA training camp in May. She is the real deal. I joke that PG's are a dying breed but the 'Sloot has definitely put us back on the map. She can score, dish and has a great sense of the game. I could see this within the first few minutes of training camp. She's going to have a great career!"

Finally, two answers that require the full question/answer format:


question: Before the opening tip against Phoenix, what did Taurasi say to you about your shoes?

Sue Bird:
She said they were ugly. I told her she was ugly. LOL


question:
Don't you think it's time to admit that you draw your power from your hair? C'mon it is pretty magical

Sue Bird:
Funny you should mention that because recently someone asked me if I take out my frustrations on my hair!?!?! Apparently after a turnover or bad play I pull on it? I'm not so sure about that one....I'd be messing with the Magic ;)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?