13 May 2011

 

More From Team USA Training Camp

Today they've got a video interview with Swin Cash.

They also have pictures from the practices. I particularly liked these two that featured both Sue Bird and Courtney Vandersloot. It's so cool to see them playing together!

Speaking of Courtney Vandersloot, here's what Head Coach Geno Auriemma had to say about her:

"It’s funny, the two newest guys, we added the tallest guy [Baylor's Brittney Griner] and the shortest guy [Vandersloot]. One [Vandersloot] is coming from a conference that nobody gives any respect to. I talked to her about not feeling intimated, don’t feel like you don’t belong here, and then don’t come here and try and prove anything because you don’t have to. This kid comes in – who’s this kid? Where’s she from? Let’s see if she’s any good compared to the big time players from the big time conferences. And I’ll tell you what, I must have heard from five or six coaches that watched practice and I’d say 'who is the most surprising player at practice' and they would tell you Courtney Vandersloot, every one of them, every one of them.

That says a lot for somebody who really doesn’t play that kind of game. She’s not going up and down the floor going 'I just saw Sue [Bird] do this, let me try it. I just saw D [Diana Taurasi] do this, let me try it.' She does exactly what she’s good at and she does it well. She makes other people better. She’s smart, you only have to tell her things once or twice and boom, she’s got it. And she’s a great teammate, so what is there not to like?"

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?