15 April 2011

 

Quote of the Day: Mechelle Voepel

From a recent chat:


question: Pam Ward said at the draft that the WNBA would name its president "within the next few days or so". Is that a believable timetable?

MV:
Personally, I think she was ad-libbing, maybe trying to present it in a more positive light. As opposed to, "We're here at the WNBA draft and there is no president to announce the picks. We have no idea when there will be a president. Supposedly before the season starts in June." That might not sound so good. :) But that's me speculating ... yes, I let out a guffaw of disbelief in the press room when that statement was made on TV. Then again, I don't know when it's going to happen, either.


also:

question:
Elizabeth Cambage...best WNBA draft outfit ever?

MV:
I have about as much fashion sense as my dog ... and if she knew I said that, she would be insulted. I seriously am bad at such stuff. However, Liz looked terrific ... but I just hope no animal died to create that outfit. I thought everyone looked very nice; Maya Moore gets an A-plus in my book for No. 1 picks ... but since I just told you I don't know anything about fashion, I hope that's not a back-handed compliment. The funny part in person was watching most of the players quickly take off the heels as soon as they could put their flats back on.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?