30 April 2011

 

Joanna Russ

Sci Fi author Joanna Russ died recently.

I've read a couple of her books, and, well, hmmm...

My thoughts on her writing are a little schizophrenic.

One the one hand, the stories I read were confusing and weird and dark and I can't really say I liked them.

On the other hand, though, I found myself connecting to them in a strange way. For instance: Way back in 2006 I instituted a "quote of the week" feature, and my inaugural quote was from her book The Female Man.

The two books I read were We Who Are About To... and the aforementioned The Female Man . That tribute article makes me want to read The Adventures of Alyx. I'm pretty sure I have a copy around here somewhere...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?