09 March 2011

 

There's Just So Much I Didn't Know!

For example: If you win your conference championship, you're automatically entered into the NCAA National Championship Tournament.

UConn won the Big East, so they "got their ticket punched". Swish Appeal does a breakdown for each team invited to the tournament. Here's UConn's. It was surprisingly entertaining. (Samples: "[Is it a] surprise? No. Very much no. Whatever the polar opposite of a surprise is." and "Worst loss: Stanford (A)... I guess. Not that losing a close game to a top-3 team is a bad loss, but if it's their only one, it's worst by default.")


Another thing I've learned recently: In college (and by college, I mean women's college. I have no idea what the men's rules are) -- the game is divided into two 20-minutes halves. When the team foul total gets to seven, the other team starts shooting those weird one-and-one free throws. When the total gets to ten, the other team shoots two free throw. This took me a while to figure out, because the WNBA does it differently. (Four 10-minute quarters, two free throws when the other team gets to five fouls. Or is it six? I can't remember, and Google is surprisingly unhelpful. I keep getting links to lists of rules from the early days of the WNBA, when the rules were more NCAA and less NBA.)

Anyway, that's enough typing for one day!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?