19 February 2011

 

Quote of the Day: Mila Kunis

Actress Mila Kunis (That 70's Show, Black Swan) immigrated to America from the Soviet Union when she was seven. This is from a recent interview in "W" magazine:


Question: What was the first thing you remember seeing of America?

Mila Kunis:
A black man. It was at the American embassy [in Moscow], and all I had known were Caucasian people with blond hair, brunette hair, and sometimes red hair. You’re never really taught about anything else. I think I was frightened. And the beautiful thing was, the man spoke Russian. He explained to me that there are people in this world who are of different color. Being seven and a half, I asked him, “Does that mean there are purple people in this world?”


[I found the quote here.]

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?