21 January 2011

 

New Storm Stuff

According to this interview, Camille Little is planning on returning next season. When asked if she was looking forward to the upcoming season, she replied, "Yeah. I definitely am. I love Seattle. I have a great time there every summer. I'm really looking forward to getting back and practicing with everybody and getting the games started. The summers are always really exciting for me."

Jayda Evans' has tweeted that Lauren Jackson's injury isn't as severe as originally thought, and that she'll be back to her Russian team in time for playoffs. This means, of course, that she should be ready to go by the beginning of the Storm's season.

Bleacher Report has a list of the best WNBA tandems. Swin Cash at #7 with her former Detroit Shock teammate Cheryl Ford. Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson, to my surprise, only made it to #3. But it's ok, because Sue Bird and Swin Cash are #1! I hadn't thought of them as a tandem (because I'm so used to thinking of the Sue Bird/Lauren Jackson partnership) but Bleacher Report makes a good point:

"Together, Bird and Cash have won two NCAA Division 1 Championships, an Olympic Gold Medal, a WNBA Championship and a FIBA World Championship. This feat transcends the single sport of woman's basketball."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?