26 November 2010

 

Quote of the Day: Now & Again

From the pilot, I think:


Michael: Can I fly?

Dr. Morris: What?

Michael: Can I fly? You know, like, uh, Superman?

Dr. Morris: Mr. Wiseman, over the past 6 months we've performed a complicated series of operations. I'm tempted to call them transplants, but in truth, there is no "you" to transplant them to. Let's call them operations. In fact, let's agree that you have been the recipient of some of the most sophisticated surgical thinking and practice in the history of medicine. In addition, you have been inoculated with and intravenously fed over 700 highly experimental and, I believe extraordinarily promising hormones, steroids and vaccines that also were developed uniquely for you in this project. Now I mention all that because, and I'm embarrassed to admit it, that in the midst of all those surgeries, all those implant procedures, all the beta trials, tests, failures and successes... it just never occurred to any of us to shove a rocket up your ass.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?