28 October 2010

 

Quote of the Day: ani difranco

"Swandive"

cradling the softest, warmest part of you in my hands
feels like a little baby bird fallen from the nest
I think that your body is something I understand
I think that I'm happy, I think that I'm blessed

I've a lack of inhibition
I've had a loss of perspective
I've had a little bit to drink
and it's making me think
that I can jump ship and swim
that the ocean will hold me
that there's got to be more
than this boat I'm in

'cuz they can call me crazy if I fail
all the chance that I need
is one-in-a-million
and they can call me brilliant
if I succeed
gravity is nothing to me, moving at the speed of sound
I'm just going to get my feet wet
until I drown

I teeter between tired
and really, really tired
I'm wiped and I'm wired, but I guess it's just as well
so I built my own empire
out of car tires and chicken wire
I'm queen of my own compost heap
and I'm getting used to the smell

and I've had a lack of information
but I've had a little revelation
I'm climbing up on the railing
trying not to look down
I'm going to do my best swan dive
into shark-infested waters
I'm gonna pull out my tampon
and start splashing around

'cuz I don't care if they eat me alive
I've got better things to do than survive
I've got the memory of your warm skin in my hands
and I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land

cradling the hardest, heaviest part of me in my hands
the ship is pitching and heaving, my limbs are bobbing and weaving
and I think this is something I understand
I just need a couple vaccinations for my far-away vacation
I'm going to go ahead and go boldly because a little bird told me
that jumping is easy, that falling is fun
right up 'til you hit the sidewalk, shivering and stunned

and they can call me crazy if I fail
all the chance that I need
is one-in-a-million
and they can call me brilliant
if I succeed
gravity is nothing to me
moving at the speed of sound
I'm just gonna get my feet wet
until I drown...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?