06 September 2010

 

Quote of the Day: Swin Cash

She was interviewed last night, after arriving at SeaTac:


reporter:
As this comeback was happening, [could] you let yourself enjoy it?

Swin Cash: I still can't remember half of things that happened in the fourth quarter, to be honest with you. My teammates and I were talking about it, and we actually saw some of the film, but it's just unbelievable. It's one of those moments that you have to -- You really can't enjoy it when you're in the moment, but afterward you reflect on it, and say, "Man, this is epic!"

reporter: Do you know what happened to you? Because you had, like, 11 of 22 in the fourth quarter.

Swin Cash:
[laughing] I have no idea! To be honest with you, I told Sue: There was a point in the game when Lauren had got an "and one" and she was at the free throw line, and all I remember is Sue saying to me, "If she makes this basket, we're only down two." And I looked up, and I was like, "WHAT?!?" like I couldn't believe it, that we were that close. It was just one of those things that I was just kind of out of my mind, in the moment.

reporter:
After the game, you had tears in your eyes.

Swin Cash: Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind was 2007. That's the last time I was in the finals. We actually lost against Phoenix, in Detroit, on our home floor. And I hated that feeling. I HATED that feeling. And to be able to go into Phoenix, and win the Western Conference on their floor, gave me a little bit of comfort.


I love that that fourth quarter comeback was as much of a blur to the players as it was for us!


Watch the fans greet the team, and see the above interview with Swin Cash plus an interview with Sue Bird:

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?