09 August 2010

 

Quote of the Day: Mechelle Voepel

Mechelle Voepel writes about the WNBA for ESPN.com:



So I've long known my arithmetic skills are lacking, but I still was embarrassed when I glanced at the Phoenix Mercury's scores the past two games, added them in my head and came up with 250.

Ha! Two-hundred and fifty points? For two games? How could even my math be that bad? I guess I need a calculator just to add two lousy numbers.

(Pause.)

OK, you might not believe this, but … the calculator says the Mercury really did score 250 points in their past two games. And 753 in their past seven. That's right -- the average Mercury point total in July, 107.6, tops even Phoenix's average daily high temperature for this month, which historically has been about 105.

You know you're in offensive overdrive when your low output for a month is 97 points. There are four teams in the WNBA -- Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and Tulsa -- that haven't scored that many points even once this season.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?