19 July 2010

 

Quote of the Day: Swish Appeal

From Swish Appeal's recap of the WNBA All-Star game festivities.



"And then there was the close encounter of the Candice Dupree kind, which just put a capper on the night. We got a really late jump back because I forgot my camera at the hotel, so we missed our bus. As we waited in line, Dupree and a couple of (familiar-looking) friends wandered out- I think they may have been looking for a hotel shuttle or something, though admittedly, my first thought was stuck back in 2009 and I was all, 'Man, Chicago's cheap -- they're sending her back to New York on a Chinatown bus?' But as we all stood around, a guy came up to us and asked if she -- pointing at Dupree -- played basketball. We said yes. He asked us if he could borrow a Sharpie and get her autograph. 'You might want to know who she is first.' I did my best to get him to the game tomorrow, but I wasn't able to persuade him to take my extra ticket. So, finally, I pull a Sharpie out of my bag and tell him, 'That's Candice Dupree, she wears #4 for the Phoenix Mercury.' He goes, gets his autograph, and returns my marker as he goes about his business.

Two beats later, Candice looks at us and says, 'He still asked me if I was Candace Parker.'"

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?