02 July 2010

 

Becky Hammon

In the two games I've watched the Storm play the San Antonio Silver Stars this season, I've really enjoyed two things: 1) Watching Seattle destroy San Antonio, and 2) Watching Becky Hammon play.

There's something about her style of play that I really enjoy. Today I dug out my tape of last year's All-Star game, and I was delighted to see her in a cute moment at the beginning of the game:

The other players on the "West" team were trying to convince Becky Hammon (5'6") to do the tip-off instead of Lauren Jackson (6'5"). Becky Hammon, laughing, replied, "Do you seriously want me to jump? I mean, I am really athletic..."

Also funny: When the coach of the West got the players in a huddle and did a "1-2-3-West!" chant, the announcers joked, "Isn't that amazing, when you're coaching an All-Star game, all you have to do is know how to count to three and get their hands in a huddle?"

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?