30 July 2010

 

2008 Olympics

In the summer of 2008, I was just starting to pay attention to the Seattle Storm and women's basketball in general. Because of my then-limited interest, I didn't watch any of the games at the Beijing Olympics.

I really wish I had, but I'll just have to wait until the 2012 London Olympics to watch Olympic basketball.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying looking at pictures from Beijing, and ruminating that the current Seattle Storm has a player from each of the medaling teams: Svetlana Abrosimova (bronze for Russia), Lauren Jackson (silver for Australia), and Sue Bird (gold for the U.S.A.).


Here's Sue Bird and Svetlana Abrosimova (former college teammates) showing off their medals:

Sue Bird & Svetlana Abrosimova


And here's something you don't see often: Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson playing against each other:

Sue Bird vs. Lauren Jackson

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?