07 September 2009

 

The Torch Online.com

When TheTorchOnline.com first started up, I thought, "How neat! A website devoted to all things fantasy!" While I've enjoyed reading interviews with people like Lucy "Xena" Lawless, and I found their lists of upcoming fantasy shows and fantasy books to be useful, I have discovered that I almost completely disagree with their reviews.

Here are the most extreme examples:

This summer NBC aired a show called Merlin. They raved about most of the episodes, and grumbled about the occasional clunker. I, on the other hand, couldn't tell the difference between the "good" and "bad" episodes.

On the other side of the fence, I love Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. I thought the first few episodes were fine, and all the episodes starting from episode 6 on were AMAZING. They, on the other hand, couldn't tell the difference between the early (bad) and late (good) episodes.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?