01 September 2009

 

Quote of the Week

I'm about halfway done with the first season of Dollhouse. It's been fun to watch the early episodes, knowing what I know now about some of the characters.

Here's a quote from the episode "Echoes", in which the staff of the dollhouse are accidentally drugged:

Adelle: Are you making any progress [on finding an antidote for the drug]?
Topher: I'm working! What are you doing, besides ... being ...
Adelle: Being what?
Topher: Wait a minute.
Adelle: Sarcastic? Unfeeling? British?
Topher: It's an animal.
Adelle: [alarmed] Where?
Topher: No! The word!
Adelle: Still, you have to admit that I am very British. I don't say hard "R's".
Topher: You know what I like? Brown sauce. What's it made of? Science doesn't know!
Adelle: It's made of brown.
Topher: Brown ... mined from the earth by the hard scrabble brown miners of North Brownderton!
Adelle: Oh my god, I find lentils completely incomprehensible.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?