18 August 2009

 

Honesty

I really need to stop being so honest. Today on the bus, the ORCA machine was set to "free ride area". I pointed this out to the driver, and he changed the machine. I tapped my card, and then I realized that he had set it to "peak", even though that was a "non-peak" ride. So, my honesty just cost me 25ยข.

What's worse is that this is the third time this week that the machine has been set on "peak" for a "non-peak" ride. I caught it the other day and made the driver change it, but today and one other time I didn't.

I'm finally annoyed enough that I emailed ORCA to complain. I'm sure they'll rush right out to fix that bug that is bringing in extra money.... (she said sarcastically).

Labels:


Comments:
If you spread the word with your fellow passengers, maybe they will help you double check the lazy drivers.
 
Today the machine was set wrong again. When I told the driver, he told me he didn't have any other options, and said something about it being non-peak, even though the machine clearly said "one zone", which means peak.

Even though he said he couldn't change, he somehow managed to change it relatively quickly, although he complained about it the whole time.

I'm taking it as a sign of emotional maturity that I feel absolutely no guilt for making him change it.
 
You, go girl! He has no right to overcharge you due to his negligence. Keep it up and eventually he will have it set properly before you climb the steps every day. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?