13 May 2009

 

Pushing Daisies

The ridiculously lovely show Pushing Daisies was cruelly cancelled by ABC. They promised to air all the filmed episodes, but then stopped last winter with three eps to go.

Surprisingly, ABC is actually going to air the final three episodes. They'll be on Saturdays at 10 pm, starting May 30. Small comfort, since I was planning on buying the DVD set anyway, but it's nice to see ABC following through with their promise (albeit five months late).

But by cancelling Pushing Daisies, ABC has earned a spot on my list of idiot networks. That list currently includes: SciFi (for promising a fifth season of Farscape, and then changing its mind), CW (for cancelling Veronica Mars), Fox (for Firefly.... and probably Dollhouse), and CBS (for both Now & Again and Jericho).

So congratulations, ABC. You're in illustrious company.

Labels: ,


Comments:
So, um . . . you don't watch NBC?
 
I watch Heroes....and Earl.... and... ??? Yeah, they don't have much good stuff to start with, so I haven't had cause to hate them. At least, I don't think so. I may be forgetting something.

Last night I remembered more reasons to hate Fox: Keen Eddie and Dark Angel. Ah, Fox. You always win the "evil network" competition.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?