11 January 2009

 

Windows vs. Mac

I am a Mac girl. I've always preferred them to Windows. I don't use Windows often, though, so sometimes I think I'm mis-remembering how awful it is. Then I have to use it.

We recently got a printer at work, so now I'm using the computer to do things like make schedules and signs. The other day I was making a new schedule, so I "saved as" the old one and started to make changes. While I was working on it, I decided to change how I was naming the schedules. But wait! Windows won't let you change the name of a document while it's in use. Then I wanted to move it to a different folder. Not so fast! Windows won't let you move a document when it's in use.

Aarggh!!!

To me, these are basic, BASIC functions. When I complained about this to my co-worker, a computer geek, he claimed that "Windows won't let you do stupid things."

So, in Windows, changing the name of a document in use is stupid? Macintoshes seem to be able to handle this with no problem. I think that makes Windows stupid...

Labels:


Comments:
... I decided to change how I was naming the schedules. But wait! Windows won't let you change the name of a document while it's in use. ...

Yes it will.

Pull down the "file" menu and choose "save as." Then type in the different name.

You'll have two copies of the document, but it is easy to delete the old one.
 
But... but... but that's SO SILLY!!! And extra work! Needless, pointless, ridiculous extra work!!

WHY CAN'T I JUST CHANGE THE NAME!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

(deep breath)

Thanks for the tip! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?