16 August 2008

 

Harry Potter

I have a rule about book series: I don't start reading them until I have all of the books in my possession. Due to a quirk of fate (otherwise known as my mom's frequent trips to England), my collection of Harry Potter books are British paperbacks. This meant that I had to wait until I got my hands on the British paperback version "Deathly Hallows" before I could start "Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone".

On Thursday I got "Deathly Hallows". On Friday I finished the book I had been reading. Today (Saturday) I started "Philosopher's Stone". I read it on the way to work, I read it during both of my breaks, and I read it on the way home. After all that, I was a little less than halfway done. (It's only about 200 pages.) I decided to finish tonight, and, after watching some Olympics and doing some dishes, I just did.

After years of waiting, it's a little weird to finally be reading them, and I was little worried that -- after all the build-up -- I wouldn't enjoy them. Fortunately, I found "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" to be a very enjoyable read. Good story, good characters, and lots of funny parts.

I'll start "Chamber of Secrets" tomorrow.....

Labels:


Comments:
Are you done with the series, yet?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?