09 January 2008

 

Woe Is Me

The Thai restaurant next door to my apartment building has gone out of business! I'm very sad. It so convenient! And they had this great dish called "ultimate fried rice" which was a curry-spiced fried rice with chicken, beef, pork, and shrimp in it. It was yummy.

It didn't find out until after I'd looked at their take-out menu and decided what to order. Since I had a hankering for sweet & sour chicken, I decided to find a different restaurant. I had a vague recollection of a Chinese restaurant a mile or two up the road, so I got in my car and drove to where I thought it was. It was there, but they only seem to have two parking spaces! There might have been more, but they weren't clearly marked, so I drove away. I hate places without adequate parking.

I headed back towards home. A few blocks away from my apartment building is a teriyaki/sushi place. I don't like teriyaki and I wasn't in the mood for sushi, but I decided to give it a try. Luckily it was one of those generalized Asian food places, and I was able to get my sweet & sour chicken. (And some chicken yakisoba -- yum!)

It's a little further away than the Thai place, but at least I found a restaurant I like nearby. Heck, in the summer (when it's not dark out), I could even walk there!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?