26 January 2008

 

Saddest. Episode. Ever.

I don't know what possessed me, but I re-watched the season two finale of "Doctor Who" tonight. I've been watching a lot of "Doctor Who" lately, but I wasn't planning on watching that episode tonight. But it started playing, and for some reason I didn't turn it off.

What was I thinking??? Ten minutes from the end of the episode I started sniffling and tears began to well up in my eyes. Five minutes from the end of the episode I was sobbing, and I kept on sobbing all the way to the end credits.

I stopped watching almost an hour again, but just thinking about it make me tear up again.

I can't remember where I read it, but someone wrote (and I'm paraphrasing, since I don't remember the exact quote) that the season two finale is so sad that for weeks after, the mere sight of a beach will start you sobbing uncontrollably.

And yes, it really is THAT sad.

But oh so good.

[FYI, just thinking about it has made me start crying again. Oh well. It was worth it.]

Labels:


Comments:
We watched "The Russell Girl" (played by Amber Tamblyn) on regular TV last night, and it was pretty sad story, too. But the Hallmark Shows usually are. :)

What I noticed that was unusual about "The Russell Girl" was the unusual number of strong, caring, supportive men in the show. Even her brother was nice to her.
 
I agree! I've only seen Doomsday once, but I was a mess. I cried through most of it, and started sobbing once it got towards the end. I think that the season 5 and 6 finales of Buffy come pretty close (as does The Body) but Doomsday takes the cake for me in terms of heartbreak. Even thinking bout it make me want to cry.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?