10 October 2007

 

Quotes of the Week

Wow! I've gotten way behind in my weekly quotes. How'd that happen? Oh well. Time to catch up! I think I'm going to do a set of themed quotes: First line(s) of books.


From my favorite book as a child, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle:

"It was a dark and stormy night. In her attic bedroom Margaret Murry, wrapped in an old patchwork quilt, sat on the foot of her bed and watched the trees tossing in the frenzied lashing of the wind."


From The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley:

"In my time I have been called many things: sister, lover, priestess, wise-woman, queen."


This is one of Jack's favorites. It's from The Danger by Dick Francis:

"There was a God-awful screw-up in Bologna."


This last one is my favorite. In fact, I bought and read the book simply because I loved the first line so much. It's from another Dick Francis book, Hot Money:

"I intensely disliked my father's fifth wife, but not to the point of murder."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?