20 July 2007

 

TV Guide's SciFi List

The July 23-Aug. 5 issue of TV Guide has list of sci-fi shows that "you should see before you die". Here's their list:

Battlestar Galactica (both old and new)
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
V
Dark Angel
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Firefly
Space: 1999
Lost
Stargate SG-1
Star Trek (all)


My response: ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

I'm fine with the inclusion of Battlestar Galactica, V, and Star Trek. I've never seen Buck Rogers, Space: 1999, or Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, so I can't comment on them.

But.... Firefly? I loved it, but it wasn't one of the best sci-fi shows ever. Stargate is occasionally fun, but always mediocre. Dark Angel was enjoyable, but also doesn't belong on the list. And Lost? Sci-fi?? What are they smoking?

What's worse is the shows they left off the list: Farscape, Babylon 5, and Doctor Who. Farscape is my all time favorite show, and (in my opinion) the best science fiction program of all time. Babylon 5 isn't something I've ever watched, but I know enough about it to know it belongs on the list. And what about Doctor Who? It's lasted longer than Star Trek and has been incredibly influential.

Normally I love TV Guide, but they really blew it this time.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?