14 April 2007

 

Mouse Wars

Still having computer issues.

I discovered on the MacFixitForums that many other people have had the same problem. I tried a bunch of stuff myself, but nothing worked. Tonight I downloaded a maintenance application (DoktorKleanor) and used it. I picked that one because it actually had a specific "fix" for my problem. Guess what? It didn't work. Not only didn't it work, but it turned (almost) all of my application icons into generic blue folders. And there's more! If I try to open a document, my computer tells me that it doesn't know what application to use. When I tell it to use Word (or whatever), it still can't open it. If I open the application, I can then open the document, but I can't open the document directly. Again, other people on the forum have had the same problem.

I'm going to try a different maintenance application, but I may have to re-install my OS. I've done that once before (remember what fun that was, Dad?) and I don't want to do it again, but it looks like I may have to.

What's even more annoying is that other things (like, say, the pile of dishes waiting to be washed) are getting ignored because I'm so obsessed with fixing this problem.

*sigh*

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?