24 February 2007

 

Hollywood Families

I was having a random thought the other day...

I can't think of any famous sister-actresses.

I can think of lots of brother-actors: the Baldwin brothers, the Wayans brothers, Charlie Sheen & Emilio Estevez, River & Joaquin Phoenix, Beau & Jeff Bridges, Ben & Casey Affleck, Macaulay & Kieran Culkin, Dennis & Randy Quaid, Rob & Chad Lowe, etc.

I can think of some sister/brother-actors: Shirley MacLaine & Warren Beatty, Maggie & Jake Gyllenhaal, Julia & Eric Roberts, etc.

I can think of lots of parent/child-actors, in various gender combinations: Blythe Danner & Gwyneth Paltrow, Goldie Hawn & Kate Hudson, Patty Duke & Sean Astin, Jon Voigt & Angelina Jolie, Martin Sheen & Charlie Sheen/Emilio Estevez, Kirk & Michael Douglas, Donald & Kiefer Sutherland, Jerry Stiller/Anne Meara & Ben Stiller, etc.

But I'm having a hard time coming up with two sisters who are both famous actresses.

Maybe Hilary and Haylie Duff, but since Haylie is mostly just famous for being Hilary's sister, I don't think that counts. There's also the Olsen twins, but they're twins, so that's a little different.

Oh! I just thought of a family with two sisters and one brother: the Arquettes! (Roseanne, Patricia, and David.)

Can you think of any more?

Labels: ,


Comments:
As soon as I hit "publish", I thought of one: Carrie & Joely Fisher!

Can you think of more?
 
The Cusacks: Joan, Ann, Susie, John and Bill. Joan and John are the most famous but you would recognize Ann if you saw her.
 
Would you count the Spears sisters? Singers, not actors.
 
I consider the Spears sisters to be like the Duff sisters (and, for that matter, the Simpson sisters). One's famous, the other is the famous one's sister.

Of all of those, I think Jessica and Ashlee Simpson have the most individual fame. Jessica came first, of course, but Ashlee was a regular on Seventh Heaven for a while, followed that up with a solo music career, and then cemented her fame with a spectacularly disastrous appearance on SNL/
 
I got one! Woodard. Charlayne and Alfre. Alfre is the more famous (most recently on Desparate Housewives), but I see Charlayne a lot on ER. I first saw Charlayne in her one-person play called "Pretty Fire."

Ack, IMDB says "No relation of Alfre Woodard."
 
I found a pile more names on Wikipedia. Here are the sisters that I recognized:
Juliet and Hayley Mills
Lynn and Vanessa Redgrave
Phylicia Rashad and Debbie Allen
Zsa Zsa and Eva Gabor

Those are in my age group. Also, Melissa Joan Hart has a sisten Emily; and Tracie Gold has three sisters trying to be actresses (Missy, Brandy, and Jessie). Katey Segal has two actress sisters (Jean and Liz), and Brian Dennehy has two actress daughters (Elizabeth and Kathleen).
 
The Deschanel sisters, Emily and Zooey. One's the lead on Bones and the other is some kind of movie actress or something.
 
Zooey is in Bones; Emily played the part of Trillian in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a rare movie that I have actually seen!
 
Nope, I got it backwards. Zooey wasa Trillian.
 
Juliet & Hayley Mills
Lynn & Vanessa Redgrave
Phylicia Rashad & Debbie Allen
Zsa Zsa & Eva Gabor
Emily & Zooey Deschanel


Awesome!

Sorry, Ped, I don't think the others count.

I thought of another set of brothers: Luke & Owen Wilson.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?