26 September 2006

 

Quote of the Week

Recently I've been re-watching one of my favorite Britcoms: "Waiting for God". The main characters, Tom Ballard and Diana Trent, are residents at the Bayview Retirement Home. In this scene, Diana's being asked her opinion of Bayview by a psychologist:


psychologist: What is it that you find particularly pleasant here, Miss Trent?

Diana: Well, it is relatively free of assassins.

psychologist: Assassins?

Diana: Yes. You see, in the outside world I found that a lot of people were trying to kill me. Notably, the closer members of my family. I could hardly step outside my front door without mad nieces trying to machine gun me down. But here, at Bayview, with its barbed wire and its watchtowers and its fierce dogs, I feel safe, secure, and know that this is still a land of hope and glory.


[Yes, she's being sarcastic.]

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?