15 August 2006

 

Stehekin

Last week I went on my first vacation in over two years. I, along with my parents and some friends of theirs, went to Stehekin for a couple of days.


My parents and I drove over to Chelan, Washinton and then took the seaplane to Stehekin. My dad sat in the front seat with the pilot. They seemed to enjoy chatting about the plane and all its various gauges and doohickeys:

IMG_0629


Here's Lake Chelan (or rather, part of it, since it's 50 miles long) from the air. It was kind of hazy that day -- maybe smoke from the forest fires?

IMG_0591


If I recall correctly, the pilot told us that Lake Chelan has the cleanest water in the "lower 48". It certainly was very clear!

IMG_0701


This is the Stehekin River a few miles before it feeds into Lake Chelan. My mom and I biked almost ten miles down the road along the river. We survived by taking many, many photo breaks!

IMG_0784


One of our other stops was at Stehekin's "old school". It's a one-room schoolhouse that was used from 1920 to 1988! They have it open; we were allowed to walk around. Very cool!

IMG_0805


Sunrise at Stehekin...

IMG_0874


Stehekin was fun, but it was awfully hot and sunny. When we drove over the pass, the clouds were waiting for me to welcome me home...

IMG_0982

Labels:


Comments:
Very nice! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?