09 February 2006

 

Double Standard

Normally I adore Craig Ferguson on "The Late Late Show with...", but he really annoyed me the other day. With his first guest he was making fun of Brokeback Mountain, cracking all sorts of un-funny gay "jokes". His second guest was from the new movie Imagine Me & You (which has a lesbian romance) and he was ooh-ing and aah-ing and oh-isn't-that-sexy. What's the difference? Oh, that's right. Straight guys think girl-on-girl action is hot hot hot, but two men falling in love is icky. Bah! Love is love.

Comments:
But girl-on-girl action *is* hot hot hot! Two guys? Not as entertaining.
 
Depends on who you ask! :)

But it's the "icky" thing that really bothers me. I would assume that straight men wouldn't think two guys kissing is sexy (just as two women kissing wouldn't do anything for straight girls), but that icky-gross-cooties mentality really pisses me off.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?