22 October 2005

 

Firefly/Serenity

I still remember when Firefly premiered. I was so excited that Joss "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Whedon was making a sci-fi show. I love the fantasy genre, but sci-fi will always be my favorite.

I watched the premiere, loved it, kept watching, got to know the universe and characters.... and then watched in horror as Fox showed the pilot episode as a series finale. 'Cause that makes sense.

The fall preview issue of TV Guide (Sept. 14, 2002) said: "[...] from what little we've seen, Firefly looks ambitious, provocative and original. Underestimate the gifted Whedon at your own peril."

Who would have thought that three years after it premiered and two and half years after being cancelled, the TV show Firefly would be reborn as an insanely awesome movie called Serenity?

"Underestimate the gifted Whedon at your own peril" indeed!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?